2019 Monaco Grand Prix
The 2019 Monaco Grand Prix (formally known as the Formula 1 Grand Prix de Monaco 2019) was a Formula One motor race held on 26 May 2019 at the Circuit de Monaco, a street circuit that runs through the Principality of Monaco. It was the sixth round of the 2019 Formula One World Championship, the seventy-seventh time that the Monaco Grand Prix was held, and the sixty-sixth time it was a round of the Formula One World Championship since the inception of the series in 1950.
The race was won by Lewis Hamilton after starting from pole, with Sebastian Vettel and Valtteri Bottas promoted to second and third place respectively after Max Verstappen received a penalty, demoting him to fourth place.
It was Lewis Hamilton who got pole position with a new qualifying lap record ahead of teammate Valtteri Bottas equaling the record for most front row lockouts. Max Verstappen qualifing in third, his highest qualifying of the year. The biggest shock of the session was local Ferrari driver Charles Leclerc, who team Ferrari held in the garage late in Q1 to save tyres. Ferrari later admitted this was a team mistake.
- ^1 – Pierre Gasly and Antonio Giovinazzi each received three-place grid penalties for impeding other drivers during qualifying.
- ^1 – Max Verstappen finished second, but received a 5-second penalty for an unsafe pit-stop release.
- ^2 – Includes one point for the fastest lap.
- ^3 – Romain Grosjean finished 9th, but received a 5-second penalty for crossing the pit exit line.
- ^4 – Kevin Magnussen finished 12th, but received a 5-second penalty for leaving the track and gaining an advantage.
- ^5 – Lance Stroll received a 5-second penalty for leaving the track and gaining an advantage.
Championship standings after the race
Constructors’ Championship standings
|3||Red Bull Racing-Honda||110|
|5||Racing Point-BWT Mercedes||17|