2019 Azerbaijan Grand Prix
The 2019 Azerbaijan Grand Prix (formally known as the Formula 1 SOCAR Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2019) was a Formula One motor race that took place on 28 April 2019 at the Baku City Circuit in Baku, Azerbaijan. The race was the fourth round of the 2019 Formula One World Championship, marked the third time that the Azerbaijan Grand Prix had been run as a round, and the fourth time that the Baku circuit has been part of the Formula One World Championship (the 2016 race was run as the European Grand Prix).
- ^1 – Antonio Giovinazzi received a ten-place grid penalty for using a third control electronics in his power unit.
- ^2 – Robert Kubica was required to start from the pit lane after making suspension changes to his car.
- ^3 – Kimi Räikkönen was excluded from qualifying after his car failed a front wing deflection test. He was permitted to race at the stewards’ discretion and was required to start from the pit lane after adjusting his front wing.
- ^4 – Pierre Gasly was excluded from qualifying for exceeding the 100kg/h fuel flow limit during qualifying. He was permitted to race at the stewards’ discretion and was required to start the race from the pit lane after failing to appear at the weighbridge when summoned during Free Practice 2 and changing SECU parameters before the race. He also received a five-place grid penalty for an unscheduled gearbox change.
Valtteri Bottas won the race after starting from pole position, taking his fifth career victory. Lewis Hamilton finished in second place which secured Mercedes’ fourth consecutive one-two finish of the season with Sebastian Vettel taking third place. Charles Leclerc got the fastest lap and was awarded as the driver of the day.
- ^1 – Includes one point for the fastest lap.
Championship standings after the race
Constructors’ Championship standings
|3||Red Bull Racing-Honda||64|
|3||5||Racing Point-BWT Mercedes||17|